Certified Home Health Coder
Health Information Alliance. is seeking Part Time/PRN, Remote Certified Home Health Coder.
Under the direct supervision, the Home Health Coder is responsible for coding using ICD-10 all diagnoses and applicable procedures of outpatient service visits. The position is also responsible for reviewing OASIS, abstracting visit data for billing and data collection purposes.
- Codes records using ICD-10-CM and coding guidelines.
- Reviews OASIS
- Observes and reports unusual patterns in data collection and/or lack of adequate documentation for code assignments.
- Review documentation and provide ICD-10 coding recommendations based on current coding and Oasis guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Home Health Supervision
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, and committed to communicate with the management/supervisor closely via high tech communication modules.
- Certification in Home Health Coding required
- Proficient knowledge of Oasis, preferred.
- Working knowledge of CMS Condition of Participation in Home Health Services is required.
- Working knowledge of federal and state home health licensure regulations are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, compliance and reimbursement guidelines are required.
- Sound computer skill and adaptive to home health documentation software is a must.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking and strong analytical skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume and work schedule are required.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills including active listening, conflict resolution, and team building are required.
- Minimum of two years previous experience with ICD-10 and/or ICD-9 coding with verified employment/experience are required.
- High school diploma, required, college diploma preferred.
- Completion of coding specific coursework required
- Certified in Home Health coding, required. CCA or CCS, or CPC, required. AHIMA, preferred.
- Medical Coding: 5 years
- ICD-10: 2 years