Emergency Department (ED) Coder
If you are looking to work remotely as an Emergency Department coder please feel free to submit your resume. Competitive Reimbursement & Flex Schedules & yes you can work PRN if you like!!
- Codes records using ICD-10-CM and coding guidelines.
- Observes and reports unusual patterns in data collection and/or lack of adequate documentation for code assignments.
- Review documentation and provide ICD-10 coding recommendations based on current coding and guidelines.
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, and committed to communicate with the management/supervisor closely via high tech communication modules.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of ED coding experience
- Must have a CCS Accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Must be able to complete and pass the company coding exam by at least 95%
- Equipped to work remotely
- Detailed orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
The ideal candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Commitment and reliability; be able to dedicate consistent time to HIA
- Superb communication and responsiveness
- Computer literacy
- Must be comfortable with, but not limited to: Excel, web-browsers, email, electronic health records (non-specific)
- Must be familiar with various technologies such as, but not limited to: security (e.g., Citrix), data collection/abstraction, encoders, web-based applications
- Self-maintenance of skillset
- Maintaining credentials
- Staying current with abstraction/coding rules, manuals, and guidelines
- Prior experience in position applying for
- Motivation; remote work can be team-based, but requires the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and tactfulness to be able to effectively communicate with team members and client contacts
The ideal candidate must possess:
- A college degree from
- An accredited nursing program,
- CAHIIM accredited program, or
- Other accredited healthcare program
- Healthcare credential associated with their program of study
- Other healthcare information related abstraction and coding credentials desirable